Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

Ben still has a cough but no fever and is otherwise feeling fantastic. He was able to attend school the past two days. Ben was very happy not to miss more school because his class had earned enough stars to earn a pajama party on Wednesday and then they had a special lunch and celebration today to celebrate the last day of school before Spring Break. They will be home relaxing and having fun for the next two weeks.

The boys are very excited to be on Spring Break which means no rushing off in the morning, no homework and most importantly bringing home the new puppy!!! We are all so excited and are counting down the minutes until Saturday morning. The timing will hopefully be perfect. This will give the boys lots of bonding time with the puppy. We have had so much fun shopping and setting up the house for Dakota!

Ben just has his normal daily medications but he will be receiving another spinal tap a week from today. I was discussing the fact that I need to get help with David during that morning to someone else and he overheard me and he said, "will you please not discuss the spinal in front of me, I don't like them and I really don't want to be reminded that I need another one so soon." He knows it is coming and is not nervous, but doesn't want to talk about it. I am always just amazed that he is able to express himself so well...and he is only 7!

No comments: