Friday, August 3, 2007

The Playroom, Part I

I got permission to post photographs of the playroom a long time ago, but forgot to do it. This is the little room at the Cancer Institute where kids can go while waiting for appointments, lab results, etc. Especially when you first start going in for treatment, this room is really invaluable. The Cancer Institute is a pretty scary place until you get used to it, and the playroom is a wonderful way to escape the reality of the hospital and get through the day.

The playroom and other things like it are funded by the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Fund at Cedars. This is the primary cancer charity we have chosen to support. If you would like to join us in helping kids with cancer who are being treated at Cedars, you can click the link in the right margin. Be sure to specify the account number so your donation goes to the right place.

I also took pictures of some artwork in the playroom that I think is pretty special. I'm hoping to get some of you guys all choked up so you'll pull out those checkbooks and credit cards. :)

I put the photos the next (technically, the last) post so you'll see this text before the pictures.

No comments: