Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beach Day!

We just had a fantastic day at the beach. When I saw that the boys had the day off of school today I asked Ben what he would like to do. I told him it could be anything and suggested that he think about what he missed doing this summer, he immediately asked "can we go to the beach and then have dinner at Islands?" I said absolutely and David was thrilled with the plans as well.

When we arrived at the beach this morning Ben spotted three dolphins swimming very close to the shore - the boys were so excited. Soon a bunch of friends joined us and the boys had fun digging in the sand, playing in the waves and boogie boarding. Another highlight was catching sand crabs. Thankfully I was able to convince them that we shouldn't bring them home with us because they would be much happier staying at the beach. I didn't know how long Ben would want to stay but he was having so much fun we ended up staying all day and were even able to go to Islands after we got cleaned up.

This is such a wonderful break from the tough summer. Ben is having a great time feeling like a "normal kid" again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grandmom and I send you love from Jerusalem and wish we were there with you (well, with the way I suburn, wish you were here with us!).

Love you!

Unknown said...

Ben!!! the beach!!! this is amazing! Say, how have the cats been? :) I bet your tummy sounded pretty funny after Islands :)