Sunday, May 20, 2007

Afternoon Report

A nurse came by today to teach us how to "flush" Ben's PICC line. Basically we have to inject some saline and heparin into each port every day to make sure the line does not get clogged up.

Ben is feeling pretty good. A friend came over to play with him, and he was out in the back yard climbing on the rock wall, going down the slide and swinging on the swings. So that was really great.

I am getting ready to go back to work. I'll start going in a little mid-week, and hopefully be back to full-time next week. I want to ease back in this week to make sure that Nicole can handle all the stuff we need to do with Ben.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Ben! Great to know our Little Prince William's doing really well.
You are an amazing kid, and your smiles have touched my life in the most wonderful way.

I'll see you at the treatment center, little buddy :D

Brenda said...

Dear Scott,
I'm a long time friend of Stefanie's and also grew up in Phoenix. I'm so sorry you and your family are experiencing this illness, and my thoughts and prayers are with you all and Ben. Thank you for sharing Ben's progress and experience with us. It is very inspirational. Warm regards,
Brenda