Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Message of the Day

A great one I got on a hockey message board I frequent:

As someone currently in cancer remission, I wanted to send you a personal message. I was truly saddened to hear about your son. It seems so wrong when a child is diaganosed with cancer. I have some good friends whose 2 yr old son was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago and is now cancer free. There were some ghastly times, but in the end, much joy. I feel sure it will be the same for you and your family.

Having been through cancer treatment myself this past year, I can say this to you with absolute certainty: You and your family will find wells of strength that you never knew you were capable of having. At the end of the day, you will be closer and much stronger. You and your family are in my prayers thoughts. Godspeed.

No comments: