Monday, May 14, 2007

Neat e-mail

We have received lots and lots of great e-mails. Here's a good one we got today:

Dear Scott,

Your sister Stefanie is a close friend of mine here in Israel, and she's been updating me on Ben's situation since his diagnosis. I wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all, as well as my wishes for ongoing strength during the difficult road ahead. I also, however, want you to know how optimistic I am for you: I am confident that your son will make a full recovery, and go on to live a fully healthy life. A neighbor of mine threw a party for her five-year-old daughter several months ago on the completion of her chemotherapy treatment for the same type of leukemia Ben has – she is now in complete remission, and a bubbly and happy little girl. With God's help and those of your excellent doctors (I'm from Los Angeles, and I know that Cedar's Sinai is the best hospital around), Ben will certainly pull through.

Best,

Marla

No comments: